Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Rundown and Random Thoughts - Wolfman



Just some things that have been floating around in my brain lately. Thoughts and news that are interesting to me. And you're welcome for that intro picture, illegal curves right there.

-I was saying how the Sox lack personality this year in that Ortiz post but I need to appreciate Papelbon more. That guy is just out of his tree. This picture of Paps with the cigar is sweet to me. He is probably worth the price of admission. I don't really care what sabermetricians say about closers because I know how having an ill one gives me a feeling of awesomeness and satisfaction and I love it. I hope the Sox give him whatever he wants when it comes time for him to get paid.

Speaking of Sox and money, I wonder what the hell they do with the 20 million that Teixeira turned down. Hopefully Tom Werner hasn't spent most of it on high priced prostitutes. You should probably root against Detroit and keep track of all the tickets they aren't selling because if the economy and losses line up, they could be selling Miguel Cabrera. A guy who the Yanks don't have room for and we do if you slide Youk to 3rd. There is your next Manny Ramirez so cross your fingers. And real quick I want to give props to Ramon Ramirez so far. That kid is flames coming out of the pen. Ramirez and Saito are going to be secret weapons all summer. It will sure help us out when we have to bridge the gap from Daisuke or Lester's high pitch count outings to Papelbon in the 9th.

-The cake that athletes take home is hard to fathom for us but its fun to try to quantify it. A 100 dollar bill to them is around what works out to a quarter for us. When Manny Ramirez was playing out his contract with Boston, he received a check for 987,000 dollars every two weeks for 8 years straight. Try to wrap your head around that, and then realize he just got a raise to play in LA

-Very Random but I always wanted to spill this rumor that I heard. The reason why we let Orlando Cabrera walk after the 04 WS win? I guess it was because he sweats high school chicks and the front office didn't want to risk a scandal and distractions if he got caught. That trumor sort of like the one I heard about Joe Thornton through my buddy who knows one of the front office people for the B's. Supposedly a contributing factor to dealing him was that they were sick of him being stoned because he loves getting green. Prob has medical marijuana scripts in other peoples names out in San Jose.

-I was thinking about how incredible the videos on youtube are. Videos just keep coming and they are more and more frequent since cameras are so accessible and youtube consolidated where you can find them. But what I wonder is about the things that don't get caught on video. Such mindblowing things happen when you have 6 billion diff people having experiences. Think about it. At any given moment crazy ish is happening. Right now thousands of people are dying and being born, committing crimes or saving lives, and somewhere some man is having a chick stomp on his nuts with high heels by choice. (Louis Armstrong voice) Whaat a wondafull worllld.

-This is Rickie Weeks (my boy) getting hit in the face. Pretty ill pic.



-Those slow motion black and white NBA playoff commercials are wonderful. If the mood is right they definitely give me the chills.


-Remember satellite radio? It was supposed to be the radio of the future but the truth is that its toast. Please don't waste your time buying one. They have Stern and thats it. Its all about the internet now. Podcasting numbers and growth are demolishing satellite. I've been telling you guys to get into podcasting, its the best. You can listen to shows or talk radio of your choice without commercials. And if you don't understand what podcasts are, its just downloaded audio you usually play on your ipod. Usually you download them on itunes but you can also get them off a shows website. I think you guys would love the Adam Carolla podcast. Its the biggest on itunes right now and hes a riot. I gave it a shot and was surprised how good it was. Actually don't listen to it because thats where I steal some ideas for the blog from.

-I love sending emails. Don't you feel way more mature when you email someone. It even feels cool to tell someone you will send them an email. Im not exactly sure why but it does. Its just a little more formal and business like.

-Last night I was watching a show on History chan about armies around 300 bc when Alexander was conquering ill amounts of land. I loved how in India they trained elephants and used them like an animal version of a tank. They trained them for 10 years before using them in battle. The elephants responded to commands like whistles and you could call on them by name. Imagine being armed with swords invading India and all of a sudden elephants are trucking through your squad, so sweet and scary.

-A lot of people don't realize why babies cry when they come out of the womb and are born. Well think of it like this. You would probably start crying too if someone pulled you out the warmest and coziest cocoon of all time. I was talking about it with Berretta the other day and he said if you went into his room at night when he was sleeping, grabbed his ankles, and dragged him out of his warm bed and into his cold hallway naked, he would cry like a baby too. I was laughing and fully agreed

-I was surprised when I read the other day that despite being one of the best selling rappers of all time, JayZ has never had a number 1 song.

-Adam Lambert is running away with idol, but watching how high Paula Abdul is on live TV is quickly becoming the most interesting running subplot of the show. You gotta check it out, its insane. Its pretty ballsy in reality. Im pretty sure she pops percs in the back and then drinks wine during the show. I also should note that the show needs Cowell in order to stay on top. Hes so incredible and ruthless but speaks truth. I love that Euro peacock.

-Also in the ballsy category is Britney's new song, If You Seek Amy (phonetically F-U-C-K me). "all of the boys and all of the girls are begging to eff you seek ay me". Little kids jammin to that? Def. Very amazing to me.


-This is 24 year old Russian pop singer Oksana Pochepa. She is the reason why Mel Gibson is breaking up with his wife of 28 years. Honestly this is one of the hottest things Ive ever seen in my life so I can't really blame the anti semitic monster that is Mel Gibson in pce'ing on his wife. I guess they met on the set of a movie they filmed in Boston and romped in his trailor every day and are dating now. If this turns out to be a rumor then, well, I don't really care. Any time you can post a picture of this magnitude, it is worth the possibility of the story being completely void of truth.

-I have only seen Dancing With The Stars once or twice but a decent reason to watch the show is the hot women. Pro dancer Julianne Hough is gorgeous and pro Karina Smirnoff is the stuff that dreams of made of, then you have the hot celebrity chicks like this season's jailbait olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson. Shawn got my attention by giving her partner something rarely seen on national TV, a real life boner. Peep this guys shorts at the 4:40 mark of this video, RLOL. (rlol = really, or literally, laughing out loud)





-I think I figured out why Heidi from the Hills is zero percent hot to me. Its because she looks too much like Tori Spelling.

-ESPN did a nice piece on Tony Mandarich tonight. It included absolute gems like him explaining how he used to keep viles of painkillers in his jockstrap during practice in Green Bay, and the story of when he was roided up at Mich St and punched the opposing captain in the chest at the coin toss and told him he was gonna die that day. Check it out today if you get a chance.

-Enjoy marathon Monday tomorrow. Make sure you chill a lot, read this blog, and enjoy the early Sox game.

-Wolfie

8 comments:

  1. Pretty heavy thoughts on youtube there. I agree...I find all this ridic material on there, but am more wondering what is it I'm not finding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff jbones...first off those girls are on another level, my jesus.

    Adam Lambet's chops are ridic, haven't watched that show for years, but for some reason got into this time around. Cowell is one of the main reasons I watch that show, agree with him every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep thoughts on youtube for sure.

    I also hate when parents think they're cool and send you a youtube someone showed them. They can't believe you've already seen it. I guess its kinda cute though. Haha

    Thanks Gordo, good comments as always. Lambert is a super queen, a little much for some people, but hes on a different level in terms of stage presence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Id stick my face in that first girls butt after she ran the marathon...great post just shootin from the hip i like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to further validate the Cabrera rumor....that came straight from the mouth of Theo Epstein's HS baseball coach to one Derek Volnaaaaa. He also said that Theo barely played on the varsity squad until his senior year, but his twin brother was pretty legit.

    Also of note, Luddy got kicked out of that same game for being too drunk. Just figured that story deserved to come full circle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perk do you still have those pics of Keith Foulke? Remember the ones Im talkin about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wowwwwwwyyyyyyyyyyy I need to look for those things dude why didn't I save those specifically for this blog

    ReplyDelete