Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some Inner Monologue - RMV and Power



OK so I was looking at a list of the worst places in the world to visit. On the list was Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq, Niger, Somalia, etc. I was baffled because I thought the Registry of Motor Vehicles was the worst place in the world to visit. Have you ever noticed that? Mostly all of them are bad but the more scummy the area, obviously the crowd will just worsen. I was sitting in there today almost literally laughing out loud at how much it sucks.

You walk in there and wait in a line to wait in a line. For real, you wait in line in order to get your ticket stub that they will call like you are at the deli in a grocery store. The wait times vary from annoying (20 min) to insane (over an hour). You don't go to the RMV and just breeze in and out. I have been to 3 or 4 and they all had the same wooden benches, usually crammed with smelly peeps. Then after you have been baking in a hot room that smells like sweat and cheap perfume, you have to pay pretty good money for whatever you are getting done.

The crowd is what makes that place ridiculous though. For whatever reason, probably because you are usually in trouble or fixing a problem, the crowds are full of scummers and criminals. So its poor people, minorities, and scummers, but thats only half the people. The other half is 16 year olds who are nervous and anxious to get their licenses. Those kids are just leaking hormones everywhere and their anxiety is contagious so everyone else is on edge. Its actually a collection of the ugliest people in the area for whatever reason. People at the RMV are the same people who fight and freak out on each other in the comment section on youtube. What a hellish trip the RMV is.

Another random thing I was thinking about came up when I heard one of my buddies say something about their "will power" the other day. I think its funny that you just attach power on the end of it and its normal. You could just say you have a strong will. Actually it makes me wonder why we don't use power for other things. Like "Man I can drink a pretty good amount of beer but I don't have the drinking power that Richie does", or "Yea I never wake up during the night, I have so much sleeping power", even "I have a test tomorrow, I need to use all my studying power tonight". Just strange that your will is the only thing that has a power level on it.

-Wolfie

No comments:

Post a Comment