Monday, April 27, 2009

I Might be a Spacecadet

The kidddd is back. No, I'm totally kidding. I contemplated using that as my post title, but knew I'd get serious heat for stealing Bruce Willis' nickname...Anyway, I feel like I dreamt my entire weekend. I won't even disclose why at this juncture, but rest assured there will be an epic post about it in the near future in which you might judge my moral fiber, but maybe think I'm way cooler than you ever thought -- a chance I'm willing to take.

Aside from that, I acquired a taste for G2 Vodkas this weekend, a delicious mixed beverage a la Tiger Woods, Svedka, and Gatorade. I don't know much about science, but I do know how dehydrated and worthless I feel on Saturday mornings and I feel like drinking electrolytes while drinking will, what...like counter any and all of alcohol's adverse effects, right? I'm sure. So, I guess just a few talking points:

The internet has ruined an honest game of Scrabble. This is going to get real dorky, real fast. Get excited. So, I’ve been playing Scrabble with a friend via the Facebook app…so, obviously turns usually take a day or so depending on how much each player frequents the site and going on just for Scrabble is apparently not cool, I was told. At any rate, this time elapse in game play allows ample time for cheating and raping Scrabble of all of its intellectual splendor and old-school game board charm. I cheat, I do. I know all the two-letter words in the known universe and I also use a Scrabble word finder to get sick with 50-pointers like, Jaditic and quays. Guilty as charged.

What I’m saying here is there’s no point in not cheating when you play online because there is a 98% chance your opponent is already skeezing the web for a 7-letter word that has 5 vowels in it. Even now when I might play in real-life there is no honor in winning because I’m using all the disgraceful tactics I’ve learned from all my Scrabble infidelities to bang out a 250-point game easily. I’m like the worst nerd there is. Next...


This is too good. As long as this show doesn't interfere with Gossip Girl, the Hills, For the Love of Ray J or Gangland on the History channel, I am definitely watching. Not because of Speidi, but because of Blagoeveich. I love him for his space cadetness and to see him dropped in the middle of the Costa Rican jungle with the likes of Spenser Pratt and Stephen Baldwin.

I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here! has great potential. I hope the natives eff with them, when I was there last year I asked a bartender to make me like a drink that people from the country might drink. He was super amiable and tried not to laugh at me, so I take the drink and ask him what it's called, what's in it...etc. Guy goes, "Gringo Killer" starts laughing all demonic like. Anyway, I kinda want that to happen to Spencer, but opposite of a joke.

My dream is they are gunna turn it into The Most Dangerous Game type of deal, in which Blago will definitely win. I also hope he wears that suit for the duration of the game.

Kind of Lu. I have been patiently waiting for Lupe Fiasco's first single off his upcoming album Lasers. He's been hyping it up tons and I've been getting overly excited...checking a couple of blogs a few times a week, etc. With that said, I came across a mixtape by Palm of Ice, I had never heard of them, but they have a few other remixes out there. I don't usually like these things, but this one is exceptionally amazing. It's like 6 of Lupe's well-known songs played over jazz music, it's perfect. Lupe has a jazzy sound to begin with so the music really compliments his work. It also includes a pretty stellar remix of "Touch the Sky" By Kanye West. Here's the Linkage for the downloads. And, here's one of the songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment