Friday, April 3, 2009

Movie Friday

Haven't done one of these in awhile. Not even sure if people read em, cause no one comments on these. But I know wolfie sweats it. Anyway, I've done so many I've pretty much covered every ill movie until June. Here are three popular ones though:

Monsters vs. Aliens
Release Date: In theatres
Fan Buzz: Very ill
Critic Opinion: Loved it
WKFTB Opinion: It’s an animated film, so of course critics love it. I don’t know what it is with these things. They’re made for all ages. The jokes range from corny to witty. Why can’t all movies be made with this type of poignant, tactful, dialogue? This is no WALL-E or even Shrek or Toy Story, but you know it’s good. Plus they always grab sweet voices for these type of movies. This one is no different: Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogan, Hugh Laurie, Paul Rudd and Stephen Colbert. Can’t argue with that. If any one of our readers has seen this, please comment. I’m not sure if anyone has, but you never know.




Adventureland
Release Date: Today
Fan Buzz: Dece
Critic Opinion: 89%, higher than I Love You Man. Wow.
WKFTB Opinion: The trailer wasn’t anything special so I almost overlooked this potential gem. The Rotten Tomatoes score boggles my mind. Is this movie that good? Most of the reviews just said it was funny, well-made, and clever. Really nothing to complain about I guess. Since I already saw I Love You Man (A) and Knowing (C+), this is probably my text target. From Greg Mottola (Superbad) with Jesse Eisenberg and Kelsey Ford, who are both real fake to me. I bet Bill Hader and Ryan Reynolds are secret fire in this.




The Soloist
Release Date: April 24
Fan Buzz: They’ve screened it already and seems like people were OK with it
Critic Opinion: Too early, bra
WKFTB Opinion: Normally Robert Downey Jr. and Jamie Foxx would be enough to get me to go to damn near anything. Plus it’s a story about a journalist. Stillll, it looks a little risky/boring. I could this as something I would have to watch in journalism class. But then again, I could picture it being something I was forced to watch then ended up sweating. Eh, who am kiddin, I’ll probably see it.




Little Pop Culture illness for ya:

-Slumdog’s Freida Pinto is rumored to be the next Bond Girl.

-WKFTB fav Jason Segal credits Kobe Bryant for getting him the part in his upcoming movie, Gulliver’s Travels:
“The producer got us courtside seats to the Lakers game, invited the head of the studio and didn’t tell him I was also invited; my job was to buddy up to the executive. Immediately the guy knew what was going on, and it was really awkward – like a blind date. All of a sudden Kobe Bryant walked over, gave me a high five and said, ‘You’re a funny motherfucker.’ The offer came the next day.”

-After the tragic death of wife Natasha Richardson in a skiing accident two weeks ago, Liam Neeson’s project with Steven Spielberg is on hold. The movie, a biopic of Abraham Lincoln, should shoot later this year.

-Twilight and Quantum of Solace were released last week and Slumdog Millionaire, Marley and Me and Seven Pounds came out Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment