Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Kid Is Back

Sorry for the 3-day absence. I had a crazy past couple of days that included a visit from my best dude from college, a double-dip playoff day on Saturday and Sox game/Marathon fest yesterday. Basically, I’m spending the next 2-3 weeks in a local rehab facility.


The Saturday B’s and C’s games were unreal. To be at the Garden area for 12-13 hours with some of the illest partiers around during two playoff games is absurd. Three of us went in to the games (barely), and I’m glad to say, three of us went out. It ended pretty much as expected, with a broken phone, an all-out legit header down two rows of seats and a Chris Farley-esque, beer, flying, ass skidding slip down the balcony stairs. A little something for all of us. But because I haven’t worked for the past 3 business days and because I’m deathly tired, I’ll save the stories/comments and a lame attempt at a photo journal (what there the real chances of that happening?) for another post.

For now, here are some random thoughts:

-Picture you care zero who wins the Boston Marathon, but it remains an unreal fixture in your life regardless. The day off, the craziness, the early Sox game and the overall drunken stupor make it an event worthwhile. People have been getting hammered and high-fiving tired-ass runners for years.

-I love the online ads for the celebrity IQ tests. Oh yea, I’m sure Oprah took your little online quiz. Who the hell is this tricking? “Oh, looks like Mylie Cyrus scored a 118 on this IQ test, I bet I can beat her!!” C’mon now. Either the people making these ads are clueless or the public is a lot dumber than I’m giving them credit for.

-Why do you have to pay more for iced coffee when you get less coffee and more water than regular coffee?

-The waffle shirt/thermal or white long sleeve under your T-shirt is really the best way to go during the springtime. It allows you to get away with not wearing a jacket, which will just hinder your movement all night and give you something to leave behind, and also provides a fresh look and the ability to roll up the sleeves to cool off.

-Like it or not, you can’t stop Ron Brownz. Peep that song in this week’s Music Monday. Oh man.

-I can never go without the internet on my phone again. Not knowing everything and anything whenever I want is unacceptable to me now. Kinda like how I love watching TV with a laptop. Never know when I need sports stats, IMDB or Wikipedia. Chances are strong I’ll need all three. How the hell did people go about their lives 30 years ago? You just didn’t know much I guess. And if you wanted to find something out, you had to go to the library, ask an elder or call like a radio station or something. Haha. Must have saccckkked.

-My favorite jokes when I’m out drinking now are ‘bro-ing’ people and calling myself “the kid” to be obnoxious. Both make me dece giggle.
--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment