Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wolfie's Web Blender


Here are a few different things that I collected from around the internet this morning that should cheer you up after the NYY officially announced the Teixeira signing yesterday....

Random Rants

-Whats up with Techies? Why did God make it so if you love electronics, you are probably pretty awkward in almost all other aspects of life. Its terrible but techies usually can't even walk normal, they shuffle along. One came in to fix the projector in my class the other day and she was just so unique, well compared to non techies, that I was pondering this question. I went to Wentworth for a semester and trust me, computer geeks is not a stereotype, its a majority. Lauzon is a techmaster, so I do know one normal one. And by normal I mean he chokes and KO's people for a living. Which is still rare for a techie as most are freakishly weak and unathletic. Its just something I don't understand.

-One of the most scrubbish things you can wear in my opinion is a semi old NFL jersey. If the guy doesn't play on the team anymore and the numbers are fading, you just gotta give it up bro. Its just too ugly to be repping, especially if you are 21 or older. If its the team wears a different jersey these days and the player isn't on the team anymore than its too old unless its for comedy or its a classic. If its old but not old enough to be considered a throwback, then its called a throw-away.

-Dicky V is announcing the Nuggets/Heat game on ESPN tonight. Should be mildly entertaining but I'll probably only watch if I have nothing better to do. Would be more interesting if Melo didn't break his hand, and was going toe to toe with Wade.

-Ed Reed is the best safety in the game. Sanders and Polamalu had their big years but the former can't stay healthy and you can throw over the top of both of them at times. I say at times because they play like extra linebackers most of the time. Reed is the best ballhawk I've seen play the game, he hits, watches insane amounts of film, and is out of this world as a playmaker when he gets the ball in his hands. The guy has 11 touchdowns. The two other safeties I mentioned earlier are great players but the only guy who could hold a candle to Reed's all around ability was the late great Sean Taylor. 

-BC beating UNC the other night went pretty under the radar. Probably because like me, most fans know it was a fluke and UNC would roll them nine times out of 10. That team will be right back on top of the polls in no time. Hansborough is a beast even though I don't like him as a pro, Danny Green is silky, Lawson is perfect for that teams tempo, I think Ellington is underrated, etc.

-Whoa wait a minute. Ovechkin isn't starting in the NHL all star game? He finished 6th in the voting for Eastern Conference forwards? NHL should get a hold on the voting system because thats just terrible. Thats like Kobe not making it in the NBA. He'll make it as a reserve but c'mon with that. I am a pretty mediocre hockey fan but I do know how insanely good AO is. I guess it had something to do with the amount of votes coming in from Pitt and Montreal. And they already tracked some of the Montreal votes to an automated cheat program.

Links
-Quick interview with Lebron. Mentions playing football.
-Hef's new girl is 22. Only 60 years younger than him.
-Article that thinks Stephen Curry is overrated. I think the opposite, kids fire.
-Watch out on those ski lifts lolol.

Pic(s)


Saw this pic linked on thebiglead. Check out Tyson Chandler as a young dude posing with fatty Brandon Jennings. If you don't know Jennings, hes the kid straight outta Compton that decided to play in Italy instead of in college. You can't rip the choice since he is going to be a lottery lock next year, and the italian team is paying him a milli. Hes a little bigger now than in this pic too.


Im not really sure if this is appropriate or not but it is pretty awesome. We haven't had many out of control hot girl pictures, so I thought this picture of Marissa Miller could fix that. We won't flood this place with these kind of pictures, but sometimes its just healthy.


Two seasons ago Gambee was on his way to our fantasy football draft and saw a hawk flying with a snake in its mouth so he named his team the snakehawks. I guess this is proof that birds of prey really do battle with snakes. I say this pic kinda rules.

Youtube



So many great things in this video. This is pretty much what would have happened if Slick Nick played football in high school and scored a touchdown.




No comments:

Post a Comment