Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Williams' World

It’s about time for an info-style post:

-When’s it time to call it quits playing video games? Is it just one of those things like rap music where your generation grows up with it so it’s fine to just keep doing it? I don’t know the right answer, but I’m 23 and I’m still swearing my ass off trying to beat bosses.

-What’s with those DVD cases with the two flaps that click in to secure it shut? The other way wasn’t working? I’m not too sure why this is necessary. Where DVDs spilling out all over the place? I’m pretty sure it just prevents me from opening it the very first time I try. But maybe I’m just a caveman.

-I would love to know the people who make the YouTube clips with songs that don’t have music videos and then add various pictures of the artists. Who the hell makes this things? I won’t say anything bad about them because it’s awesome to just Google a new song and have it always be right there on YouTube, but I just can’t picture the type of person who does it. Especially the people who match up pictures with lyrics. Like the guy will say “locked up” and there will be a picture of steel bars. Who’s gangster enough to love this music but nerdy enough to make these vids?

-I’ve tried to keep a personal calendar to keep me organized, but found that it’s more work to update the friggin calendar than it is to remember stuff. I remember in college, sitting next to girls and they would literally have their entire weeks planned out by the hour. Oh, you need to make a note for lunch? How about this: JUST EAST WHEN YOUR HUNGRY. Don’t need to plan that shit. Or even better, the 6PM-10PM “Study for Anthropology Test” or something similar. What the hell? If the test is the next day you better know automatically to study for it. And if you’re studying for four hours, you better get a fuckin A+.

Other things you should know:

-Alex Cora is about to sign with the Mets.

-Dave Meggett (and NFL ’95 favorite of mine) is being charged with rape. Wonder what the former Pats RB/KR has been up to? Here:

“The woman told police she woke up at 1 a.m. Tuesday and found a man she knew as "Mike" sitting on her bed, according to an incident report. The man demanded that she repay $200 she owed him and raped her when she said she didn't have the money, police said.

“Afterward, the man told her he was sorry and that she didn't have to repay him. The woman drove herself to the hospital, where Meggett later met her and was arrested, according to police records”

-You NEED to see this Lebron James shot from last night if you haven’t yet. Was there any doubt it wasn’t going in? The announcing team must be from Memphis though, because they remain comatose throughout the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment