Monday, January 26, 2009

Few Updates




-I decided that Urijah Faber is my fav mma fighter earlier today so I wanted to make sure I caught him against Pulver on Versus tonight. I did, and Faber dismantled him in the first round. Like I said in a previous post, Faber got caught when he fought Mike Brown and lost the WEC belt. In the rematch I think Faber tramples him and my wallet might think the same thing. Brown is getting all hyped but he doesn't impress me that much, just a heavy handed brawler and nothing special. Faber is fast, strong, explosive, a former wrestler, can stand with anyone, great submissions, sick tempo, and has maybe the best cardio in MMA. The only way you really beat him is to catch him with a lucky punch like Brown did when Faber went for a flying elbow. Interesting note is that Joe Lauzon and Hermes Franca who are matching up in a couple weekends, both hold submission wins over Mike Brown.

-Ovechkin and the breakaway challenge at the skills competition. Chara also hit 105 on the slapshot competition and set the all time record. Ovechkin really needs his own post though soon. Jesus he is a gap toothed creature.

-We are getting good feedback on the blog so far but we've got some work to do in terms of traffic. Nick checked our old wordpress blog and realized we still get over 500 hits a day and up to 1500 on some days. Thats more than we get here and we haven't updated the old blog in a year. What the? Wordpress tags get scooped by search engines much better than blogspot I guess. We'll figure it out soon enough. Keep spreading the word for us in the meantime.

-I got an Ipod touch yesterday and damn, that thing is extremely ill. If you have wireless in your home, it might be worth getting. Legit life changing possibilities. All the applications, the wifi, the music, google earth, youtube, safari, dvd's, games, shows, etc, are very awesome. Also I have Pandora for it and if you were late to the party on that thing then get on it asap. It just feeds you nonstop music over the internet and it learns what kind of music you like over time and gives you stuff you would like. I could do a whole post on Pandora alone but if you have an iphone or a touch you need this.

-Im copying this from the old blog but oh well. I know some people have already watched this one but I cant risk someone not seeing it. Mullet head got walloped and pwned. Sounded like a gunshot. Look at the look on the punchers face as shes winding up, then the double fast walk away. Check out the old lady at the beginning too. Love this clip so much. Rlol


-This next youtube is actually pretty recent. You know the quote that says trust the art and not the artist? Well that would probably apply to Joaquin Phoenix' decision to pursue music. Great actor, but are you toying with my life man? Get a grip bro. Seriously grab a mach 3 and come back to planet earth.



-Wolfie

No comments:

Post a Comment