Saturday, January 24, 2009

My President Is Black



I kind of love how Jay is like Lebron's mentor/uncle. You know The King wants to be a global icon, hes said it before publicly, and he picked the right guy to learn from. When I saw Jay in concert with the blogfathers Lebron was chillin on stage. Certain guys presence is just heavy, and LBJ has reached that level. If you see him in person you are sort of blown away, its hard to explain. I think probably Lebron, Jordan, Will Smith, Jay, Kanye, and Obama are the people that come to mind. I know they are all black, but the biggest superstars in sports and music are right now.

I was listening to the Bill Simmons podcast with JA Adande the other day and I thought they did a good job talking about Obama. Adande said that the attitude of the conservatives, and people who didn't vote for him in general, is similar to when you draft a pitcher in fantasy baseball that plays for your real life rival team. Whoever drafts Sabathia in my league will root for the Yankees on that night ya know? For the good of the team (country). They were also talking about how incredible it is that he can connect with so many different types of people. His universal appeal is something we've never really seen before. In a span of 4 hours can chill with Dwight Howard, Ted Kennedy, Beyonce and Jay, Jamie Foxx, Ray Romano, John McCain, Allen Iverson, Tom Hanks, etc. I'm not doing it much justice though because Im just trying to remember off the top of my head from a couple days ago. I would really recommend listening to the last half hour of that podcast. Just click the Bill Simmons link on the right side of this page and its right there.

Also this song is effin awesome. Granted it will get overplayed, but that doesn't change the fact that its a great record by probably the best to pick up a mic.



-JW

No comments:

Post a Comment