Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ed Reed Fresh Azimiz


Im just chilling watching this pretty ill Baltimore/Tennessee game right now. Ive gotta say, I could watch Flacco huck deep balls all day for some reason. Kid can spin it. Anyway, I wanted to post this quote about Ed Reed from Bill Simmons. This is exactly how I feel, and the reason why I absolutely love him as a player. I wish he returned punts more often. Kinda cool how if they absolutely need a TD they put him back there though. The only other guy who returned picks with the same style was the late great Sean Taylor, another Miami alum. I'm gonna post a youtube of him in his college days down bottom. One of the best college players I ever saw.

"The Bank Shootout in "Heat" Award for "Most reliably exciting moment that wild horses couldn't drag you away from the TV until it's over"
For every time Ed Reed intercepts a deep bomb, turns around without getting tackled or falling down, then starts running the other way with a head of steam. Is this the most consistently exciting moment in sports right now, or am I crazy? The way he wades through bodies, never stops going forward, always makes the right cut and invariably sniffs out the end zone reminds me of some of my greatest driving performances on the Merritt Parkway in the mid-'90s. I have been watching football 35 years and can't remember a defensive back with better home run power off a pick. Remarkable." 

Perfect Example last week...





1 comment:

  1. ed reed is pretty much the best. nothing better than watching highlights of him knocking the shit out of people or absolutely blowing right past everyone

    for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDIzORlw54g

    watch it while listening to the miami hurricane's edition of ballin boys (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw1D8W68Heo) his part starts at approx 2:05, but for real, the whole song is a gem

    ReplyDelete