Friday, January 16, 2009

Bro Refresher Course


Since we have been repping out posts, the newcomers never got a proper Bro explanation because it was buried pages back. A couple people actually demanded I repost this and were acting like it was gonna wreck the site if I didn't. You can either go over to the archives on the right side of this page and click the new years posts, or I can copy paste a little bit of it for ya. Remember though people, that archive link on the right is pretty key if you are looking for an old post at any time. Its a lot easier than searching manual. I also don't mind posting this because I have a local bro pic that I am going to post in a little bit that is honestly the best bro pic yet in my opinion. And I know that is a strong statement, but its atleast the best local bro Ive ever seen. Hes from EB.


Even though you should get the jist of it pretty fast from the pictures, here is my definition off the top of my head... A Bro is a guy that thinks he is way cooler than he really is. A Bro can be seen in pics making a face or a pose where he is trying so hard to look like hes not trying. A Bro will call all the other guys bro even though noone likes the bro. For people unfamiliar with this term, realize it is not mainstream yet and originated from www.whitekidsfromtheburbs.com. Other people would refer to a bro as a douche bag. Bros are usually idiots so a way to have fun with them is to call them bro every few words when you are talking to them and see how long it takes them to catch on.

Edit: Bro was already a pretty well known definition on Urban Dictionary. We did not come up with the term it seems but we still wholeheartedly love it.

"UD definition: Obnoxious partying males who are often seen at college parties. When they aren’t making an ass of themselves they usually just stand around holding a red plastic cup waiting for something exciting to happen so they can scream something that demonstrates how much they enjoy partying. Nearly everyone in a fraternity is a bro but there are also many bros who are not in a fraternity. They often wear a rugby shirt and a baseball cap. It is not uncommon for them to have spiked hair with frosted tips." 

"3. The classic BRO. I honestly can't even wait to start posting on "Bro's.." It is probably my favorite phrase to use against chooches. A Bro is a guy that just really tries to hard...way too friendly, says bro hundreds of times, has hair gel or some sort of trendy hat / graphic shirt on. He wants to be your friend even though you don't know him / don't want to know him, and he will stop at nothing to accomplish this...often time Bro's transition into...." That was from Perkins NYE post. He was listing the type of people you can run into at these type of parties. I'll post a little more of that post...

"4. The pathetic girl chaser. Seriously BRO give it a rest. This chick is only talking to you because she's drunk. She might have even kissed you, which now has given you the courage to follow the girl around like a creep for the entire night. I'm pretty sure I watched a girl get dry humped / molested by a BRO last night. I'm not using any names, but I will just say that the Bro fell asleep all cuddled up with the girl on the floor, and woke up in the AM to the girl on an air mattress with another dude, who was NOT in fact a Bro. Sorry Bro, looks like you lost that one." - Haha thats a true story too. Some Bro was effin murkin this girl we know. I wanted to punch his eye. Karma and balance in the universe was restored though when he was groping her all night because she was blacked out, but still escaped him and slept in a bed with a real man. No names will be mentioned.

Here is the Bro material from my NYE post right after Jake's...

"I need to throw my 2 cents in after that NYD post Perk just put up. Whoaa there were some BROS at that party last night. Me and Perk BRO'd them so many times. The white blazer with shades bro was Perkins nemesis. Those two were everything the other one wasn't, what a BROdown. I wanted to post my experience last night only because you few readers will probably feel better about yourselves after."

OK so there ya go. Thats your Bro refresher course. From now on I will just link people to this post if they need to understand Bros. Also hope you enjoyed the Bro pics I found for this. I forgot about the hot girls with douchebags pics. This last one is a pretty famous GuidBro Pic. If you havent seen these italian Bros, then wow enjoy these Bro-outs. This one has the potential to Bro your mind. (click for full size, you really should). Almost mistake that Bro-out in the middle for a oompa loompa bro. Love the tan bra.



-Wolfie

3 comments:

  1. WOW that last pic is incredible...nice orange tan bromo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there needs to be a more defined line between a Bro and a Guido...they are related, but still different breeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guidbro would be the simple solution....they have their own sub-class.

    They are still a member of the Bro family.

    ReplyDelete