Monday, January 12, 2009

Wolfie's Howling: AIM Info Type Post


People are asking for more random thoughts and rants type posts. Sort of like how I used to set up my AIM profile. So I'll try to stay on top of that more. Wolfie's Howlin Oww Owwwoooo... Cool that was the most chooched thing Ive ever typed.

-Its kind of funny how your mouth is never more clean than when you are on your way to the dentist for a "cleaning". Next time I get one I might not brush my teeth for a couple days and chomp on a sandwich in the waiting room. Get my money's worth ya know? You don't wash your car before you take it to the car wash bro.

-You should try to be a nicer person, its pretty sweet. "What Wolfie? You are the ultimate laugh at other people person" you might say. OK look, I will always have a little trickster in me, but Im a lot different these days. I don't care if you think this is lame either, it can change your life. All you gotta do is not say anything that makes someone feel bad. Usually that stuff doesn't need to be said anyway, but negative people live for pointing out flaws and pointing out when someone is wrong. (I don't really count blogs in this because its made for entertainment, plus I write for one.) Also, start handing out compliments whenever you can. Those things are free and make people feel great and love ya. I told the cashier at cumbys today his tats were ill, guy blushed. Tell your ma she looks nice, lady will be cooking meals for you and feeling sexy for days, haha. Sorry if I sound like Mr. Rogers here, Im just telling you whats on my mind and maybe trying to bring a little buddha to the blog (eightfold path - right speech).

-Know whats a food that I would never guess is awesome, but is? Butternut squash ravioli's. Sounds dece gross if you haven't had em right? I don't even like squash much. For some reason its great if you add some secret ingredient (sauce?) and stuff it in a rav. Ends up coming out as a sweet little treat. Try them if you get the opportunity.

-This morn I took 2 pieces of pizza and stacked them to look like a calzone for breakfast and it made me realize why pizza is so unhealthy. The bread, cheese, and sauce aren't the worst things in the world but its about the quantity. Its normal to put down 4-8 slices if youre a man. Each slice of a large is a a legit sandwich, especially if there is meat in there. Order up a harmburg pizza and congrats, you just got about 6 triangle cheeseburgers. You dont sit down and whoof 6 ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch no problem ya know?. Im sayin a lot is about portions. In this country we effin wooof giant plates and supersize portions. French paradox I guess.

-We are going to try to cover mixed martial arts here at WKFTB for a few reasons. The sport is awesome, we have the Lauzon brothers to root for, and its popularity is growing rapidly. I am most familiar with it out of the three of us so the duties will probably fall on me. While I get my knowledge up I think my buddy Rich was going to do a guest writeup for us talking about who is on top of the divisions and what not. I look forward to that. That reminds me...

-I wanted to address the subject of other people writing for the blog since we have had some requests. We honestly are going to be real picky and aren't interested in taking on another partner. If you would just like to be a guest or part time contributor, talk to me or one of the other big 3 and let us know what you could bring to the table that would benefit the blog. We will be selective though so don't take it personal if we don't need ya.

-Sox signed Takashi Saito on Sat. They are just stocking up on arms that have a high upside for this year. Saito has been a lockdown arm in LA. Even though he is 39, he will be a force if he is back to 100% health after missing a lot of time last year. (I heard he picked Boston because of how good we are with handling pitchers coming off injury.) Saito was the guy who kept Broxton, who throws 100, in the setup role for the Dodgers because Saito was too good to move out of the 9th inning. The guy has only let up 9 home runs, has a 1.95 era, a .91 whip, and 245 k's in his major league career of about 190 innings. The deal is for a couple million with incentives for him to earn up to 7m. Seriously this is a great signing even with injury concerns. Short money for a guy who could give us one of the best pens in the game. Papelbon/Saito/Ramirez/Oki/MDC/Masterson?, wow.

2007
T. Saito   64 ip, 5HR, 13 BB, 78K, .72 Whip, 1.4 ERA, .151BAA
Papelbon 58 ip, 5HR, 15 BB, 84K, .77 Whip, 1.85 ERA, .146BAA

Seacrest Out

No comments:

Post a Comment