Monday, January 19, 2009

A Tribute to.....Martin Luther King Jr.

Sometimes in life you have to be serious, and while I had a couple ideas of what I wanted to do today with my tribute, I felt that in this current time in American History it was important to pay homage to such a great man.

As we all wait for our 44th President to be sworn in tomorrow, you cannot help but give credit to other pioneers who faught tooth and nail to see the Civil Rights movement through. Men who gave their lives well knowing that they would never live to see an African American Male become President; but did what they had to do to ensure that in their childrens lifetime, or maybe even grandchildren's lifetime such a thing could be possible.

I have a dream....


Martin Luther King Jr. was assasinated on April 4th, 1968. Since that time a lot has changed in this country.

Sadly however, racism and ineqaulity does still exist. Not just toward African Americans, but for people of all genders, races, and religions. We do not live in a perfect world, and there will always be people that harbor hate for people that they do not know about.

As this nation prepares to swear in a President who has many difficult problems to deal with on his agenda, I ask that you not be one of those people. Have an open mind, because I know that if you were being judged by people of another race, or even your own, you would want them to have an open mind towards you.

Enjoy your MLK day, and if I were you I would at least watch some sort of footage for tomorrow's inauguration.


- JPerk

No comments:

Post a Comment