Friday, January 9, 2009

A Tribute to......"You Only Get One Shot at A Legend"



All my talk about Tim Tebow going out to become a legend made me think of a nice little quote text I once sent which eventually led to me "getting the girl" we will say......you knowwwww what I mean.

Trust me I don't want this blog to become a place where I come online and give myself props, so don't look at it like that....look at this like me helping you lame pathetic loser guy to get a girl.

So I was in a bar in Boston where Slick Nick is a bouncer/doorman/chooch watching the Sox miracle comeback game in the ALCS vs. the D-Rays. A somewhat attractive girl (15 bud lights makes anyone attractive I guess) catches my eye. Trust me I'm not bragging, I'm not talking about a model here, but a girl you would not throw out of your bed. We eventually talk and exchange numbers. We chat via text for a couple of days and soon I'm going out in the city again telling her to meet up with me.

The problem was that I was going out with all my friends, and she was rolling solo, so she didn't want to meet up with me and all my boys alone. So she basically tells me she won't be coming out, and I'm telling all my boys this and they are making fun of me and shit....so, me being a huge dick and trying to redeem myself I send a text saying "Sometimes you only get one shot at a legend....." I am now bragging and BROing off to all my boys showing them this absurd text thinking I'll never hear from this broad again.

An hour later I get a text saying she is going to meet me out....buy her a couple of drinks, end up leaving with her, case closed. I mean sure I don't really talk to her anymore, and she is probably reading this thinking I was the biggest mistake of her life, but hey, checkmate biiiiiiiiiatttccccch.

So my friends....the next time a girl is giving you the cold shoulder, or playing hard to get, make sure you drop "Sometimes you only get one shot with a legend..." and pretend like you don't give a F. Because 60% of the time, it works EVERY time.

ONE.


- J-Perk

1 comment:

  1. At least give me some props that me being blackout had a little something to do with it, high-fiving...woooo glad it worked for someone

    ReplyDelete