Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wam Just Jolted My Memory



Very random but Wambo just texted me telling me to try and remember what toys we used to have as kids that had us texting back in 1997. Listen, Im a friggin monster on google. I don't think I've ever failed finding something. Anyway, the point is it took me a good half hour to pull the super data blaster out from the depths of the internet. Talk about a toy ahead of its time. I had an NFL one and Wam had an NBA one and we would be sending infra red texts back and forth in 6th grade, Im not even kidding. Thing had fantasy teams and drafts and it was 12 or 13 years ago. Please tell me someone else had one of these or remembers them. What a groundbreaking machine by Tiger.

Im pretty sure Dear Diary might have had the same capabilities, and the sports ones were a spinoff of them so chime in if thats real ladies.

Side Note: We appreciate the increase in comments. Please keep that up. Or please start commenting if you haven't yet. Thanks.

-Wolfie

5 comments:

  1. naw . . . my dear diary (which was numero uno on my christmas list one year) could not send messages to other dear diaries, it was just for keeping awesome secrets and match making. prolly should have asked for a mighty ducks data blaster, or maybe a miama dolphins one

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i remember dear diary! prolly my favorite toy for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow had an MLB one, it was soooo sweet, its actually still at my moms house, i could pop a battery in there and fire it up...i remember updating Red Sox stats and shit, and playing home run derby...shit those things were mint i'd still rock one

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 - 1 Stello has already found his MLB data blaster and has been looking up sox facts from the early 90s since his last post.

    ReplyDelete