Monday, February 2, 2009

Quick SB Recap


Your 2008 NFL Champs are the Pittsburgh Steelers. Congrats to them. I think over the course of the whole season they were the best team so I'm cool with it. I was pulling so hard for the Cardinals while watching the game though. This one could have gone either way and really was an extraordinary game. Steeler's will be the first team to go meet President Obama too. I bet a lot of them are looking forward to that since so many people on the team are African-American, pretty cool.

The Harrison 100 yard return is a play you will probably remember for a long time. You knew Fitz would show up at some point to try and make the tackle but it was about 1 yard too late. Warner got fooled by the blitz and put the ball right in Harrison's chest and then Pitt did a great job setting up the INT return blocking.

Zona did pretty much what I thought they could. They threw all day, 374 passing and 33 rushing I believe. They were moving the ball really well against that defense but the previous paragraph was a 14 point swing and Pitt made enough big plays down the stretch to win it on the final drive. I said look for the slant in and Fitz hit a huge one, and Breaston had a nice return. Pitt just made less mistakes and made more clutch plays.

Rodgers-Cromartie has some sickening recovery speed. Holmes and DRC was a good battle all night but Holmes was torching the other corners and secondary that he matched up against. I would have locked DRC on Holmes with that last drive. When they played zone and Rodgers-Cromartie was doing his own thing, Holmes was just cutting rugs and making big plays on his way to the games MVP.

Harrison is a beast but I don't like that guy. I agree with Mike Holley in that I understand he is innocent until proven guilty, but I don't give the benefit of the doubt to huge men who get arrested for putting their hands on a woman. Harrison has had anger issues in the past and I can see him going to jail in the future. He is just not someone I root for.

My pick of Zona +7 went, but I really wanted to see them win outright. I found myself pulling for them really hard, harder than I expected actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment