Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Great TV Shows You Might Be Missing

Alright I advocate reading books if you can. Find one about something that interests you and trust me you'll like it. It will improve your vocab and exercise your mind in the process. Also realize that most books destroy the movie versions. DaVinci was one of my favorite books and I hated the movie. Not enough of you Kids are reading. Cool I sound like a grandparent but Im serious. With that being said, I do absolutely sweat some TV shows and I don't want you guys to miss out so read on couch tatos.

The Wire - If you don't watch this show, that gay ass gangsta to your right, Omar Litte,(one of the best/most badass TV characters ever) might have to put his shotty on you. No seriously though, I have been pumping this show for a long time now so anyone who used to read my AIM info knows that I don't shutup about it. I can only beg so much. This show is must see, MUST. Its my favorite show ever of all time in the history of television. Its over now after 5 seasons and the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This thing is a masterpiece. Entertaining, gripping, and so extremely socially relevant. They just started season one on HBO On Demand so you could go that route, or borrow DVD's from me, or buy the whole set if that $82 dollar deal is still up, or even netflix them. After the first three episodes you will be hooked for life. I've forced my friends to watch it and noone hasn't loved it, including my blog partners. Just do it bra. This show changed my life. Character you'll fall in love with? Jesus thats such a hard question. I'll say Bubbles or Bodie Broadus and those might not crack my fav 5.

Friday Night Lights - This is another secret show that has barely survived despite having a small loyal following and being critically acclaimed. You probably remember the movie which was solid, but the show, like the book, explores many more themes that will absolutely suck you in. Perk got me on this show and I am grateful. Season 3 just started airing on NBC (it already aired on DirecTV) and is killing it. I am pretty sure females can get into this show too, plenty of juicy stuff, not just football. You can get all the episodes on NBC.com and catch up that way or pick up the DVD's. Character you'll fall in love with? Minka Kelly is a princess. But over time you'll fall in love with Smash Williams.

LOST - This is probably the show on this list that I will have the hardest time convincing people to watch. I know this because I myself would probably call myself a chooch for recommending it and pass on it if I never saw it and was pitching it to me. WTF did I just type? Ignore that sentence. I mean that I understand that this show sounds too absurd to be awesome but this is one you just have to trust me on. Believe me, I hate a lot of movies and shows, but this one is high quality and ridiculous in a mind blowing way. If you start at the beginning or even watch the season summaries, this show will rock your life. Especially now where 3 questions are being answered every episode and one being posed this season as opposed to the other way around in the earlier ones. JJ Abrams and Damon Lindelof have absolutely incredible brains. Character you'll fall in love with? Desmond, brother.

Honorable Mention: I know I was trashin on the Real World cast but its turning it around. The tranny stuff is gold and the Iraq veteran is really relevant and hasn't been done yet. Also Flight of The Conchords is incredible.
------

Also want to welcome our new blogger Casually Moral Kate Holt. Spicing up the blog a little bit by adding a female and I like it. I feel like I'm back at Wentworth Institute of Tech where the ratio was also 3:1. Whackest school ever by the way (says the guy whos been in college for 7 years). No seriously though Kate's stuff is good, don't take her lightly. I think shes just what the blogcter ordered (what a chooch I am).

- Jared Thomas Wolfe

5 comments:

  1. Wolfie got me into the Wire last November...from November - January I watched the first 4 season and was hooked like crack. Season 5 then started and ended and I still want more, you really need to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost is probably the greatest show ever...I know what you mean about trying to get people into watching it though they legit think your nuts. PS Libby says hi! greatest line so far this season

    ReplyDelete
  3. this season of lost is dynamite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lost is absolutely unreal. I love it, I'm not gunna say what happened last night, but I am very happy about a certain turn of events. Everyone should watch this show, I caught up 3 1/2 seasons in 2 weeks last year and it was so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. last night lost was amazing! when did Sun become so badass?! you guys should get a lost recap section going on the blog

    ReplyDelete