Thursday, February 26, 2009

NFL News

-Looks like Brady got married . Not sure if I like it. Kind of always thought Gi would be a better gf than a wife. Thats pretty chooched to type actually. Pretty sure I just want him to live in the film room and make sure football is priority. Other than that, well, whatever.

-Free Agency started tonight at midnight and I have to say that Deangelo Hall is a genius. Most of my friends or AIM profile readers know that I am a D-Hall haaater. I have been hating him since he was drafted and it has only grown as he continued to get burned and make probowls. I was finally somewhat vindicated when the Raiders released him as he was such a disaster. But now its time to give him props. He got 8 million for 8 disastrous games from the Raiders, great score. And now I hear tonight that the Skins signed him to a 6 yr deal with 23 million in guaranteed paper?!?, wow. Noone has gotten so much money in the history of sports for a great 40 time. Hall picks off paychecks better than passes. The man got rich for getting toasted which is just amazing so big ups to you Mr. Hall.

-D.Hall's old teammate. Michael Vick is coming home. I guess theres no room at any halfway houses for him so hes allowed to serve the last 2 months at home. I really believe he plays this year and Im not gonna lie, I miss the guy. I think we are quick to forget how exciting the guy is to watch. Remember how unstoppable he was in 2004? It takes a transcendent athlete to make the team he plays for in Madden on xbox "cheap" to use and ethically off limits to play with because its too hard to stop him. I never thought he was a top tier QB but Im not sure if anyone in the league is as entertaining. 7 100yard games, over 1000 rushing yds in a season, and 173 rush yds in a single game. Hes not the best passer but I'll take him over Vince Young every day of the week. Im honestly excited to see how it all plays out. Hopefully we see him taking snaps on Sundays soon. (He'd be a nightmare in the wildcat.) I just want to see him make plays that aren't in the playbook, but should be.

-Haynesworth is the dude to keep your eye on. Hes a top 3 and maybe the best DT in the league. He can literally turn a defense around. A dominant DT like Haynesworth is just as valuable as a shutdown corner, which is pretty incredible. I hear 6 teams are already in contact with him.

-Another great player is Jason Brown, Center for Baltimore. I like to think of the Center as the catcher of a football team. Brown is a real good player and turned down 6 mill to stay in Balt. Will be a nice pickup for someone.


______________NOTES_____________


-
Williams, I know we are the White KFTB so I don't expect you to know this but Tyler Perry is absolutely HUGE in the black community. Hes tight with Oprah and Will Smith, that kind of level. Think about Madea being number one and the black population in the country being like 18% or something. Madea had lines for tickets in every theater. (edit: I just reread this and Im wondering why Im trying to sound like a black expert? "I dont expect you to know this but..." Am I joking? I just found out Tyler Perry was a black icon 2 days ago. What a chooch I am.)

-Make sure you guys are reading Kate's blog, Casually Moral. Its honestly really good. I'm a little jealous actually.

-Wolfie

No comments:

Post a Comment