Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lauzon

Just wanted to echo what Jake said. Congrats to Joe Lauzon with the win in the main event last night.

Joe was only a 2:1 favorite but I thought he probably should have been a 5:1 favorite. Stephens isn't really in his class yet.

Stephens has some explosive hands but he doesn't have very good takedown defense so Joe was going to be able to bring it to the ground at will, and he did. Joe is water. Kid's BJJ is awesome to watch because hes so active and has slick subs from any position. He finished it with a nice armbar in the 2nd.

Whos next for Joe? The 155 division is absolutely stacked so good fights are out there. Noone wants to fight Clay Guida because hes a blanket. I hope they don't try to make that one happen. The one I think the fans have wanted since the were on the ultimate fighter together is Lauzon vs Nate Diaz. I think that would be a great fight. I'll keep you guys updated if I hear any rumors or get to talk to Joe sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment