Friday, February 13, 2009

Parting Shots

TUSCON, AZ – Checking in from across the nation. Don’t think I’d leave you hanging just ‘cause I’m a stone’s throw away from Mexico (btw the Border Patrol is hiring).

First thing’s first: Pleassse check out Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman a few posts down. Unreal. Also, I love the influx of comments the past few days. Was sweet to go through everything today.

In the spirit of tomorrow’s mega female holiday, here’s a little tidbit from one of my old profiles:

“I figured out that the Super Bowl is the male Valentine’s Day. Think about it. Both are in February. Both are a big thing in relationships. If your man lets you watch the game with him that means you’re game worthy, which is a big step. And if you’re a guy and you don’t ace Valentine’s Day, you're screwed, you blew it. And each sex knows that the other is gonna be preoccupied all that day and all throughout the two week buildup for both. Plus you gotta prepare for both, cause if you don’t plan VDay, you'll be hosed and if you don’t plan the super bowl you’re looking at a situation where you could possibly run out of food and that’s unacceptable. Like if your girl doesn’t treat you right on the Super Bowl, she's gotta go. It's like being a dick on Valentine’s Day. You just can’t do it.”

-When do you think it’s time to just forget reminding people where they can’t smoke? I think the first place you could start is on airplanes. “Oh, wait. I can’t smoke up here? Are you kiddin me? I swore I could.” I mean, really? We can’t bring 4 oz hair gels or a bottle of water, I think we get we can’t smoke. Also, if you are addicted to cigs, a long flight must be torture. Must have to plow through Nicorette gum.

-If you’re not an On Demand or Netflix person, I recommend the Redbox at grocery stores. It’s only a buck, and they usually have some solid new options. Only 20-40 total but a decent variety. You have to return the movie the next day, but just get it the night you feel like watching it. I can’t imagine going to a video store to rent a movie anymore. About has practical as a VCR.

-Speaking of practical, it’s about time we got rid of the fax machine. People at work will be like “yea, fax a copy of the invoice over.” Um, what…I don’t have one of those. How bout I just email you the .pdf attachment in 1.5 seconds? Would that work?

--Nick

1 comment:

  1. i agree reminding people in every situation that they can't smoke is annoying! especially since i love me sum marb lights haha. really though you can't smoke ANYWHERE anymore you have to be like down the street and around the corner from certain buildings even to smoke a cig. listen i know it's bad for me i know it'll kill me and i need to quit but for the time being let me smoke in peace and i promise i won't blow it in your face! clearly u can't smoke on an airplane if you can't smoke in a dumpy bar anymore.

    ReplyDelete