Thursday, February 26, 2009

Movie Thursday

Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail
Release Date: In Theatres
Fan Buzz: Good
Critic Reviews: Rotten
WKFTB Opinion: LOL c’mon. What’s the world coming to when this was the No. 1 movie in America last week? And on the heels of my boy, Paul Blart. Damn. I guess what’s underated though is that Tyler Perry is pretty universally respected by critics as a comedic genius and visionary. I haven’t given him a chance, but might need to look into him a bit.



Duplicity
Release Date: March 20
Fan Buzz: So-so
Critic Reviews: Too early
WKFTB Opinion: Clive Owen and Julia Roberts return together for the first time since Closer (sweat that movie, btw, maybe because of Natalie Portman?). Director is Tony Gilroy who did Michael Clayton and this is supposed to be similar, just way more upbeat, witty and funnier. Trailer dece blows to be honest, but I might F around with this. Sort of reminds me of Burn After Reading, which only certain people enjoy.




Observe and Report
Release Date: April 10
Fan Buzz: Too early
Critic Reviews: None yet
WKFTB Opinion: Seth Rogan = ill. Anna Faris = hot and a legit funny female. Ray Liotta = crispy in everything. I like the formula for this. I don’t know what the deal is with mall cops these days, but this is more my style. And I can’t tell exactly from the angle, but it looks like the flasher in the trailer could be Jonah Hill. Prob is. Comedy is so awesome like that. Seems like the hot people at the moment are all boys and hook each other up. The Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Norm MacDonald crew ran shit for a while. Then it was Will Farrell, Ben Stiller, the Wilson brothers and Vince Vaughn. Then they gave way to Hill, Rogan, Paul Rudd and Jason Segal. I want to write a paper about this. Maybe a post will do.



State of Play
Release Date: April 17
Fan Buzz: Not good, maybe because of Ben?
Critic Reviews: Not yet
WKFTB Opinion: Don’t mean to pimp Tony Gilroy. He didn’t direct this, but he did write it. Another political thriller, I think the only bad thing people could say about it is that Ben Affleck is in it. Don’t get why everyone hates him so much. I love Ben. He’s ill to me. Sorry I was banging J-Lo and thought I was so tight I put myself in her video. Then just did maddd movies, even horrible ones but still was secret funny in every Kevin Smith movie. I like him like I like Ryan Seacrest, A-Rod, etc. Just ill bros who I like because it’s funny to. This may turn into its own post some day.



Pop Culture tidbits:

-Starting March 11, American Idol is moving its Wednesday results show to 9 p.m. head-to-head with Lost. ABC considered moving it, but decided they’d get enough people with DVR and the internet who will eventually tune in. Crazy how much of a powerhouse Idol is. You do not want that show going against yours. Thing will take down anything.

-Suge Knight got bundled in a scuffle with an associate of Akon’s at a Scottsdale, AZ hotel. Consider that dude DEAD.

-Uhoh…this probably should have been its own post and probably will be at some point. But the very first trailer for Inglorious Basterds was released recently. Words cannot describe how pumped I am for this one. Basterds is Quentin Tarantino’s latest project and doesn’t come out until August. Tarantino supposedly wrote this forever ago and Tevlin told me it’s different than anything he’s done before. It’s a story of Jewish soldiers set out to kill Nazis during WWII. Should be lighter than most Holocaust era movies, as you can see in the trailer. Stars Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Mike Myers, Samuel L. Jackson and Jula Dreyfus. Gonna be firrreee.

4 comments:

  1. whoa Inglorious Basterds is gonnna be ill. Can't wait for that one. Also, who do you think the funnies guy is out of the Hill, Rogan, rudd, segal crew? I think my vote would be Rudd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prob is Rudd. Guy's a dick and sarcastic in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has nothing to do with anything but has anyone seen that new Mcdonalds commercial for the filet o fish?! if not here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiTr6hZEYWI
    idk maybe its just me but i think this commercial is a riot. its on every morning when i'm getting ready for work and i LOL by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha....I literally just saw that commercial for the first time 10 minutes before I saw this comment and was laughing at that creep fish.

    ReplyDelete