Friday, March 13, 2009

Movie Friday

Last House on the Left
Release Date: Today
Fan Buzz: So-so
Critic Reviews: 43%..better than I thought
WKFTB Opinion: This is a remake of the 1970s film that launched Wes Craven’s career. He wrote and directed the old on, but he’s just on as a producer here. This trailer is much better than the one on television (love the song at the end too). That coupled with the better-than-I-though reviews might swing me into seeing this.



Miss March
Release Date: Today
Fan Buzz: Dece
Critic Reviews: Rotten, although it looks like it hasn’t been screened much
WKFTB Opinion: The only reason I would even consider seeing this is because it stars two of The Whitest Kids U Know. I posted a few vids on these guys in my old blog a few years ago after Tevlin introduced me to them. Definitely a specific sense of humor, but you can have a good time browsing through their YouTubes. I’ll probably just wait for the rental, though.



Angels and Demons
Release Date: May 15
Fan Buzz: Awesome
Critic Reviews: Too early
WKFTB Opinion: Ask anyone who has read the book (I haven’t), and you come to the conclusion that this should be legit. I actually haven’t even read the DaVinci Code . Yikes, probably need to get on both em. I enjoyed the first movie and I know I’ll like this. From director Ron Howard (Frost/Nixon, Da Vinci Code, Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, Cinderella Man) and starring Tom Hanks, this looks like a must-see thriller, although I’m sure it won’t live up to the book.



Remember like 6 movie posts ago when we told you about Johnny Depp and Christian Bale’s movie coming out this July, Public Enemies? Well, there’s finally a trailer out for it:



Pop Culture:
-Adam Sandler joins up with Paul Rudd, Eric Bana and Lesile Mann in Judd Apatow’s new movie, “Funny People,” which comes out in July. It’s about a comedian with a terminal illness, which sounds depressing, but should be funny.

-Slumdog Millionaire’s main women, Freida Pinto will join Josh Brolin in Woody Allen’s new movie.

-Eminem’s new Album, “Relapse” will release May 16, the same day as Lil Wayne’s new rock album, which is undoubtedly not a coincidence.

-WKFTB saw Watchmen during a midnight showing last Thursday. UFC fighter, EB native and WKFTB follower (and new commenter) Joe Lauzon was also in attendance. We left a little undecided about the film, mostly because it was so F’n long, especially ay 2:30 a.m. Ultimately, I felt like it didn’t live up to my expectations and got a little too preachy. The violence and effects were sweet, but it seemed too jammed with stories.

-Role Models came out on DVD. South Park was back this Wednesday at 10 on Comedy Central. Catch Demetri Martin’s show right after and have an hour laugh fest. How’s Your News is on Sunday’s at 10:30 on MTV. Should be a must watch, although it goes against HBO’s Flight of the Conchords. Looks like comedy has made a renaissance.

-Nick "aKa ThE kId" is back

2 comments:

  1. And How's Your News is on at the same time as HBO's Eastbound and Down which is fire to me...Produced by Will Farrell who also stars in the show. 10:30 on HBO check it outttttttt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Role Models is absolutey histarical...Its a must see if you haven't

    ReplyDelete