Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Best and Worst Places to Eat

MSN ran an interestinf feature today on the best and worst major food chains. Not nescessarily fast food, they surveyed from 66 food chains nationwide and gave the highlights and lowlights of each. This ish always interests me, and those days when I'm feeling like a fat chode, I hope I can make the right choice.

Best
1.) Chick-Fil -A -- Sucks we have none of these around. Because this place is firrrreee.

2.) Subway -- See the commercials are true. Just stay away from the meatball sub.

3.) Jamba Juice -- I don't even know how this counts. Really, a smoothie place is healthy? Shocking..

4.) Au Bon Pain -- Interesting, but I would never eat here, altho the soup is ill.

5.) Boston Market -- This is based on going with turkey/sirloin/chicken with 2 veggie sides.

6.) CiCi's Pizza Buffett -- I've seen like one of these in my life. Pretty sure they have that commercial for $5 buffett. Trying to scope this out.

7.) McDonald's -- Seriously. "The Egg McMuffin remains one of the best ways to start your day in the fast-food world." How about the McGriddle???
8.) Taco Bell -- It's ironic that the place that invented "fourth meal" is on the best list. I was pumped about this and the fact that they say to stick to crunchy tacos, my fav. But then I realized they prob meant 1-3, not the 5-6 I want.
9.) Wendy's --Grilled chicken sandos and wraps are crisp here. Don't give in to the frosssstyyy at 3 am.

Worst
12.) Baskin Robins -- Wait a tic. You're trying to tell me an ice cream joint is unhealthy?!?
11.) Carl's Jr -- Doesn't offer any healthy items, which I think is a tribute to its client base.

10.) 800 Calories for a Grand Slam breakfast. If they were trying to blow me away it didn't work. That's like impressive for that massive meal.

9.) Dairy Queen -- Get outttt, another ice cream place? BTW, why don't DQs serve food in Mass.?

8.) Ruby Tuesday's -- They say to stick with the sirloin and shrimp, which prompts me to ask: Why the F wouldn't you?

7.) Chili's -- Three words: Baby. Back. Ribs.

6.) Uno's - Wooo, this place gets shit on more than any other place cept maybe Outback (more on this later). Pretty much don't EVER get the deep dish pizza.

5.) Chevy's -- Three words: What are you? Don't eat cars I guess.

4.) On the Border -- Saw one of these in Arizona. I thought Mexican was always dece healthy.

3.) Romano's Macaroni Grill -- It'll be tough to resist the temptation with all these Romano Grills on every corner.

2.) Baja Fresh -- Whatttt. This one floored me. I thought this place was ill. It's delic. And it has fresh in the title. Cmon.
1.) Applebee's, IHOP, Outback, TGI Fridays -- Or as I like to call them, Terrbs, Horrbs, Worst, and Whack. These are all bunched together because they are the only chains that still refuse to offer nutritional info. If your life isn't going the way you wanted, just head to your local Outback, order a Blooming Onion; actually make it 2. Thing is a heart attack on layaway.
Hope you enjoyed this. I like different stuff like this. You can read the whole thing here.

-The Blogfather

4 comments:

  1. Barty From MissouriMarch 31, 2009 at 1:29 PM

    cici's is awesome with a college id at the one here 3.75 all you can eat. All different salads and all different pizzas. (taco pizza, bbq chicken pizza, mac and cheese pizza, dessert pizza).

    Dq had a fire burger with pepper jack cheese and penas. better than the angry whopper at BK

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to disagree with you or anything blogfather haha but dq does serve food in mass just not at all of them. the one down the street from me in foxboro on 140 serves food and their burgers are delish, i think the one in middleboro serves food too. i'm sure the dq's with the food makes it go even further down the worst list, ice cream and burgers can not be a good idea when trying to stay thin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to add he is the self proclaimed blogfather

    ReplyDelete