Thursday, May 7, 2009

Red and Me

I'm sure you are all well aware of Bill Russell's new book, Red and Me about his friendship with Celtics' coach, Red Auerbach. I believe it came out either yesterday or the day before in stores. This isn't a review by any means, no worries. This blog isn't a forum for me to dazzle you with my spectacular (aka limited/embarressing) knowledge of sports, but I do enjoy sports' history, fo' sho' and I am definitely planning on reading this.

Now, on to my main point. So, I had enough elbow room on the T this morning to actually spend some QT with the Wall Street Journal. And in spite of the inherently dissappointing news about the Boston Globe and the outlandish amounts of cash-money Bank of America needs to stay in bidness while still remaining the bane of my existence, I came across a really solid piece on Russell's book by WSJ writer, Jeff Trachtenberg, that I thought I would pass on.

All the other articles on the book I read were subpar. I think this write-up would make even the least likely Celtics' fan (maybe even a Lakers' fan) pick up and read the book. Here's the LINK, I believe it should work. (Also, that's the pic from the Journal, I thought it was pretty baller -- circa 1969)
Go Ceeeeees. Side note, does J.J. Reddick still reek of DUKE and awfulness to anyone else?
<3kate

No comments:

Post a Comment