Monday, May 18, 2009

Blog Hiatus

Here’s my obligatory I’m back and still relevant (or I hope) post. I will spare you the minor details of my absence, and move on with things.

My Life. So, one of my best friends from college was visiting Boston from Liberia -- yes, as in equatorial Africa. She was stateside for three weeks and went back this past Saturday. So after hearing all her stories, I began to doubt the coolness of my life. I compiled an incomplete list of reasons why her life is way cooler than mine.

1. She lives in Africa, first and foremost –Jamaica Plain loses its allure once people find out it’s a neighborhood in Boston, not affiliated with the island.
2. She has had Malaria twice, the quinine-resistant strain making it that much more badass; I thought I had swine flu last week.
3. She has heard firsthand accounts about blood diamonds; I saw the movie, Blood Diamonds.
4. She recently witnessed a military coup d'état in Monrovia; I witnessed a bum fight yesterday afternoon on Boylston Street.

Sacrilegious Film. I saw Angels and Demons yesterday afternoon. I’m not one to read a Dan Brown book before the film premieres, so please excuse this illegitimate rant. It was awesomely horrible. I was thoroughly engrossed for the entire 150 minutes, yet I didn’t know why. I will say with confidence that I am now well-versed in the History of the Vatican, random Latin adages, Papal Conclave protocol, anti-matter and its cataclysmic effects, and the trials and tribulations of the Illuminati. In other words, the movie was teeming with facts/trivial information, which I think was its biggest fault. See for yourself though.

Sinatra Biopic. Page Six reports that there is a number of Hollywood’s upper echelon vying for the role of Frank Sinatra in Scorsese’s upcoming biopic. Bet you can guess at least 5 of the wannabe’s off the top of your head before even reading any further. First, what’s a Scorsese film without a Leonardo DiCaprio? Then, you have Justin Motherlovin' Timberlake, who I think is convinced he is Sinatra incarnate. Then you’ve got Christian Bale, bona fide loose cannon – might do a solid job evoking Sinatra’s manic depressive/Zoloft side. Johnny Depp – will definitely fill the seats and he’s a seasoned pro. James Franco, another name in the mix – I think I’d like to see Franco get a shot at this, seems pretty versatile and I respect/enjoy what he’s done thus far.

Who would you like to see play Frank Sinatra? Anyone I didn’t mention? Joaquin Phoenix? Ha.

Paper Towels. Tried and true, I must agree.




This Vid. I came across this a couple of months ago, and it was so rlol to me I bookmarked it. I don’t know how I didn’t post it, but I watched it again last night and it was still unreal to me. The stereotyping isn’t what is funny to me here… the two kids themselves, are comedic geniuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment