Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Marathon Training Log...week 3

Alright as Nick just mentioned in the post below here I am in the process for training for the Cape Cod Marathon October 25. I know all 8 readers we have right now are laughing at this...and keep laughing, because I need you to motivate me. I figured I would at least discuss how my training is going since I know you all care very much about my well being....pictured below is a photo from my run yesterday...



As you can see I have already lost quite a bit of weight (reference the picture of me at the Celtics game being a fat drunk tahd). Week 3 training has consisted of 25 minute interval running which I will complete 4 times this week. Things haven't been that bad yet....but I am still fat. I think I need to cut back on my diet which currently consists of beer and pizza. As nick talked about a couple of days ago we really have no chance but to live like this during the greatest sport stretch of the year....

So if you see me out, please call me out on running a marathon. Tell me I can't do it, tell me I'm fat, tell me all the things I need to hear to get this thing done. I will update you on a somewhat weekly basis so you know how I'm doing / can make fun of me.


-J "Steve Prefontaine" Perk

4 comments:

  1. wow Jake, I might be impressed if you actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the determination and pain in my face Erin....I will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the kid actaully thinks he can run a marathon. Last time I checked you can't do this on a diet of Pini's Pizza and beer.

    ReplyDelete