Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

-Picture you aren't friends with me if you don't say "picture" before one out of every 5 sentences. "Picture I said that to him yesterday."

"Picture I almost went, too."

"Picture she was so drunk, she tried kissing The Kid but ended up uukin everywhere."

These are just a few examples of something you might hear from myself and those around me. For some reason, asking someone to vividly imagine a scenario is a great way to talk. Picture I can't picture my life without it.

-Something I've been wondering recently is why they have those little bumblebees on the inside of some urinals. Is this a brand thing? Is it something to aim at? Is it something to eliminate stage fright? What's the point of that lil guy? You always inevitably end up aiming at it anyway, trying to fake drown that sucker. Initially I figured it was something to aim at and to relax someone who hates mad ppl around them, but it really doesn't make sense since most urinals have siding now anyway. Nothing was worse than my time in Minnesota -- pretty sure they just have troughs (spelling?) at every bar and in the MetroDome. Tons of Ds hanging out everywhere, cool. Just treat you like cattle out in the Mid West.

-Speaking of bathrooms, there about 50 things to call one. Working at a bar for a few years has taught me this. You got the bathroom, restroom, ladies' room, men's room, women's room, boys' room. All standard. Then they throw some of these at you: can, pot, shitter, pisser, head, john, toilet. You know what you don't hear, though? Lavatory. Some reason that only applies to the airplanes. Fakest word out there maybe.


-Billy Mays has actually grown on me, and don't just after his death. Since I did that post on him a few weeks ago, I started to read up on him and actually watched a few eps of his reality show on Discovery, the aptly titled Pitchmen. It was pretty sweet. Guy had a natural swag, but really wasn't a pompous asshole like I thought he was. Getting to see him talk normal and act regular eased my mind that he wasn't just a loud-talking sales chooch. Guy genuinely liked his products, only would endorse stuff that legit worked or that he liked and had a natural confidence and charisma that commands the attention of everyone in the room.

It's a little weird that he's such a celebrity. I mean, EVERYONE knew who he was. Since he died I heard tons of people talk about him, spouting of their fav commercials or pitches of his and saying they loved him. Most famous pitchman ever? You bet.

That means that within 3 days, we lost the most famous pitchman and pop musician of all time. Damn.


--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment