Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Moon is 40 Years Old.



Not really, I know it's like 200 years old or something. But today commemorates the 40th anniversary of the day the United States manifest destinied the moon. I used to think the moon was China when I was little, sounds dumb, but I wasn't all that incorrect considering it was actually Soviet Russia. Anyway, this is a pretty big deal so this is my youtube tribute to the moon since I have no original thoughts to contribute. This is also dedicated to the all kids that always watched nickelodeon's Legends of the Hidden Temple in hopes of one day competing and winning a trip to space camp.

This is the actual landing of the moon, but without all the fake voice redubbing they did back in the 60s...we all know this is how anyone would react to being on the effing moon.



The Making of Buzz Aldrin's Moon Rap --I posted this a couple of weeks ago and eff'd up, but I found a youtube version and I still think it is worth everyone's time.



This is a news reel as if this moonwalking occured today.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that you posted about the moon. Been meaning to recently with all the anniv stuff going on. Because like it or not...landing on the moon was HUGE. There was no cooler thing to do. Everyone wanted to do it but no one was realyl sure if you could.

    I don't know if there's anything comparable today. I'd say landing on Mars, but I think most people assume that's inevitable at some point.

    ReplyDelete