Monday, July 20, 2009

It's Back: Movie Monday

Doind these a little different, so read it, biatch. Starting with a few things you should know first then getting into a few trailers and random comments. Not as offical/boring as before (hopefully).

-True Blood’s season premiere had 3.7 million viewers, making it the most watched HBO show since the Sopranos finale.

-In addition to his role in the next X-Men movie, Ryan Reynolds has signed on to play the Green Lantern. Should be fire.

-Michael Jackson has dominated album sales since his death. He’s sold 2.3 million albums in the US and 9 million globally. The first week after he died, his albums sold 422,000 strong on iTunes alone. Wayyoo.

-Ryan Seacrest signed a FAT deal to remain with American Idol. Is 3 years, $45 mill dece? Guy got Jason Bay money. Paula Abdul is rumored to possibly be at odds over her contract. Whole crew has to re-up on deals so there’s a nice chance one won’t be back.

OK so thanks to friend and blog reader Matty D, the Blogfathers were supposed to see a screening for Judd Apatow’s Funny People tonight. Good idea, right? Too bad about 500 other people had the same thought. And that’s not even too much of an exaggeration. I’m saying if the theatre holds 200-300, there was about another 200 that were sent home, including our crew. You aren’t guaranteed a seat at these things, but usually getting to one an hour before is plenty early. Not the case here.

I didn’t realize these was such a buzz/demand for this film, but like Wolfe said, in a rather disappointing summer movie season, people must be looking for a gem from Apatow. He’ll prolly deliver. I know most of you have seen it, but I’ll throw up the longer, iller version here:



Here are a few other big movies to look forward to:

NEW District 9 Trailer:
A few weeks ago in my last movie post, I gave you a sneak trailer of District 9, Peter Jackson’s baby he’s been working on after the doomed Halo project fell through. The short trailer left a lot to the imagination, no coincidentally since the majority of the marketing for this movie has been viral (ie: Cloverfield). Picture you can hook me in with any type of mystery/sci-fi chaos and a viral marketing campaign. I’ll go 100%. And if I wanted to go before, I DEF do now after seeing this.

If you liked the mystery, then don’t watch this trailer. Although I had to re-watch it because I swore I saw like two dudes from Transformers in there:



Surrogates
Release Date: September 25
I dunno…am I like feeling this? A little sci-fci, a little chaos, a little Bruce Willis being crazy? It has all the right ingredients for a bad but awesome movie that I could enjoy. It’s like I-Robot meets Minority Report meets Sixth Sense. And, damn, I sweated all those movies.



Shutter Island
Release Date: October 2
Wow a scary movie from Scorsese? Shot in Boston? Starring Leo? Count me in for this. Can’t wait for this shit for real. I think ever since Boondock Saints, Boston became a tight setting for badass movies. It really helps your image in out-of-state settings when people who haven’t been to Mass. associate you with Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone and Departed. Sorry about Fever Pitch, though. Our bad.



Sherlock Holmes
Release Date: December 25
You’d like to stop Robert Downey Jr. a little bit. But you can’t. Between this and next spring’s Iron Man 2, Downey – much like Vince from Entourage – has completed his comeback. Add in Jude Law and a sexy as ever Rachael McAdams and this looks pretty legit. They must be pumping this hard for the full trailer to be out this early. The Christmas Day release too. Def gonna be sick of this trailer by like mid October.



--Nick

1 comment:

  1. You left off "the Ugly Truth" with Katherine Heigel. I'm assuming it's a mistake, but I will keep the blog in the know as I am viewing it tonight.

    ^Kate

    ReplyDelete