Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Embrace The Martian



I think you guys should probably embrace the martian, otherwise known as Kid Cudi. I thought he really killed last night at House Of Blues. Good stage presence, energy and sound. Its not the easiest thing to do when you only have a mixtape and one hit single to your name. The mixtape, Kid Named Cudi, is worth DL'ing if you haven't. Picture that it was good enough for Kanye to sign him once he heard it. Give Cudi a chance. Maybe one of my absolute favorites right now.

A Kid Named Cudi D/L

Need to be honest, Asher Roth was really good. The kid knew what to say to a Boston crowd that was already primed (I say Larry, you say BIRD). He had a live band with him on stage which kicked it up a notch also.

I'm not sure what happened to B.O.B. but he wasn't there. 88 Keys kicked it off with a couple bangers then faded into some cheesy/uncomfortable songs about his nuts, weird.

Kind of a cool side story. Nick and myself were attempting to bribe a kid or bouncer so we could cut the line that was honestly a quarter mile long and we end up meeting Asher's drummer. Guy loved us for some reason. Grabbed us two toolies and a couple hotties and brought us in the back entrance behind the stage. Sucked that we lost the Perkins brothers for a bit but we reconvened shortly after.

Jake's bro, also known as SP The Ghost, was another highlight of my Tuesday. At one point on the ride home, with two snaggle eyes, he told us that he was blacking out in real time and couldn't remember anything about the night. Whooaa imagine that? The concert was good. I hope he didn't forget it all.

2 comments:

  1. Legit still tryna piece together that night full of suck-its and underage bitties

    -Ghost

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen younger girls than at hip hop concerts. 16-22 all look identical (hot). I might have been the oldest person at Kanye last summer and last night. Well Jake has a year on me so maybe the second oldest.

    ReplyDelete