Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Opposite Ends of the Spectrum

When you are confronted on a daily basis with athletes who dominate the news on all fronts, your opinion can go two ways: sick of them or love them.

I love this dude:



I don't think I could ever get sick of SHAQ and his little antics. He's a beast on the court, on twitter, in entertainment and life in general.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Brett Favre. Jake and Jared's boy finally hung it up (again) today. I don't even need to tell you how sick I am of this. Because by this point, even Brett's staunchest supporters are sick of this little back and forth game. I respect you as a player Brett, you were a gamer, a good teammate and a pretty good guy. You had a cannon arm and always wanted to win. It's not your fault you were slurped by the media and turned into some type of deity. These are the nicest things I'll ever say about you. No please, pleasssseee, stay away, bro.

-Also, on an unrelated note, you need to see Alfonso Soriano's celebration after hitting a walkoff grand slam last night. Guy did about 3-4 different celebrations., including the vaunted "hand over the face can't see me," and took forev to round the bases. Since MLB is chooch about footage, you can't see him absolutely pimp it, chill in the box, point to the dugout and flip the bat. all of that is on ESPN's footage. But, you can still catch the end of the celebration on the Cubbie's MLB site.

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment