Tuesday, July 28, 2009

State of the Union and Death of Another Icon

First off, I just want to let you know that I have been battling a mother F'n brutal computer virus for the past two weeks. Ever since the Asher Roth -Kid Cudi concert two weeks ago when my drunken ass tried downloading the Cudi mixtape, only I got risssskky and used a random torrent website. Big. Mistake.

A few days later whenever I used my computer i would be randomly teabagged with a random audio clip, ranging from an auto commercial to a song to a women doing stand up comedy, I got drilled with literally everything. And it wasn't just during the day. I found myself blindly hitting away at my computer trying to find the "mute" button after being startled in the middle of the night with a commercial bumppppinnnn...sweet way to wake up right?

Well eventually, Wolfie helped me download a few different anti-spyware programs, including the SUPER Anti-Spyware program, which I highly recommend. The virus -- hopefully, knock on wood -- has subsided. But I've never been through such an annoying yet dece funny ordeal. It didn't do anything to the performance of my computer really, but it was so stupid and annoying. And the same time, when a rando Mike Jack song hits you when you're in the middle of something, sometimes you can't help but laugh...

-On to a much bigger story this week. In the Summer of Death (from MJ and Billy Mays, to Farrah Fawcett and The Sun) we've lost yet another legend. This pop culture icon will be forever remembered for four simple words: "Yo Quiero Taco Bell."

That's right, tragically at the age of 15 (or 105 in dog years) Gidget aka the Taco Bell Chihuahua, passed away last week.





Gidget brought Taco Bell millions and presumable made himself a nice little doggy living, spending his latter years lounging poolside in the sun (seriously) without a Gordita or a Chalupa in site. Not only did Gidget represent the face of a franchise, but the pint-sized pooch bridge racial gaps, connecting Mexicans and Americans everywhere, while also providing new ammo for people making jokes about small Chihuahuas.

At least I'm not the only person who has noticed:





Even the Hollywood community has reached out:





In other news, the blog will more than likely slow down on Friday. If you haven't heard, we'll be throwing a little bash Friday night on the roofdeck of the Baseball Tavern. I was going to advertise here Barstool style, but looks like we already are gonna have tons of people. Holler at me if you are not on Facebook. I didn't expect the outpouring of response we got. Wish I had time to make blog shirts or something. I mean, I was nervous about even getting the necessary 50 people. Turns out I'm not a loser.

In fact, when I saw the feedback, I felt a lot like this:





--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment