Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Songs I'm Feelin'

Did this once before. A lil different from Music Monday in that some of the songs aren't necessarily new and also may be a lil lighter ( ya, gayer, Nick, woooo). Shut up. Anyway, can this song be stopped, or is it officially one of the greatest songs in musical composition history:

Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say


The question is: Do I sweat it because of the rap or because it's a remix of an old song on the OC? I think we all know that answer (the latter). Much like The OC, Fox's 4-season young adult drama that brought us Seth, Summer, Ryan and Marissa, this song is good over and over and over again. Ummm whattchaaa sayyyyy.....

Lloyd Banks - Best Kept Secret


OK, Banks. Bringing it finally with some old school flow and a chronic beat. I love Lloyd Banks. His first CD was one of my favorite albums of all time. Seriously, I played that thing as much as any other. Love puns and metaphors and the Punch Like King brings em always.

Wycleaf Jean - Streets Pronounce Me Dead
Wycleaf is like Diddy to me. Ya, he's a little corny from time to time, but he gives me bangers than I wanna bump when I'm partying. Remix this with a big beat and it would be fiyahh in the clubs. Ladddiiiess...


Green Day - 21 Guns
Wait, wait, it's possible to NOT sing this song all day after you hear it?? Cause I've never been able to. Like it or not, and I don't really, Green Day is still ill. They've been bringing it for years. Plus anytime a rock band goes up an octave in a chorus (One, twenty-one guns) it's a recipe for a hit, just like the midget voice, screaming Latin gibberish and more recently, the auto-tune. Fall Out Boy does the Octave Up more than anyone. Probably why they're crispy.



Party on brosssss.

--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment