Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Are the Kennedys the Best?

Is the Kennedy family the best ever? Do I like them just cause I'm from Boston? Just cause I'm Irish-Catholic? Or cause my dad swears JFK was the top person in human lore? I don't know. All I know is that they are crispy.

With the recent passing of Edward "Ted" Kennedy this morning, we've lost another legend. The Kennedys are famous for many reasons. Politics. Philanthropy. Being rich. Being insanely good-looking -- just look at that old school pic of Johnny, Robbie and Eddy? Killin' it.

Plus they love drinking. After all, John Patrick Kennedy made his fortune partially from bootlegging during prohibition and then securing the rights to Scottish liquor companies (Dewars and Gordons) as soon as prohibition ended. Sure, he had a hand in Hollywood and real estate too, but booze was hi bread and butter.

Kennedys party too. Sometimes a little too much. This is another reason why I sweat them. The also love women. Sometimes a little too much. JFK was the Wilt Chamberlain of the Oval Office. He made Bill Clinton look like Andy Stitzer.

They all seem to die tragically too. Ted lived long and battled cancer and died with dignity, just look at the outpouring of support today. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing someone fawning over him. But so many of the others suffered from assassinations, plane crashes or some other form of tragedy -- the so-called "Kennedy curse."

Is it a crime to be smooth, handsome and wealthy? I think not. Robert and John were assassinated because there are too many haters in this world. People hate the best. And these dudes murk it. Have been for years.

I don't want you to think I'm trivializing the death of an American legend. I just need to get it out there how much I sweat the Kennedys. Wish I was alive when they were at their height. Even better, wish I were boys with them. I bet we'd have some sorry for partying nights.

So here's to you, Kennedys, may you breed and bring us a few more heavy hitters. Cause America loves a baller. And ya'll bring it. And if you don't like the Kennedys, then faaccckkk yoouu doooodddeee.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Kennedys tons too, but they're like cursed to me..The JFK and Bobby K deaths were tragic but nothing like the plane crash which killed JFK Jr. and the skiing accident that ended Michael Kennedy's life (he def drunk when that happened?) They're clearly not perfect and there are tons of screwups in that family tree but way more good than bad has come from this crew.

    ReplyDelete