Tuesday, August 25, 2009

F it, I'm going to talk sports.....

I know that I usually don't come on here really talking about sports....that is the job of Nick and Jared. I think on the whole they both have different opinions than I do on a lot of stuff and are much better suited to write nice postings on the wide world of sports. I was a college athlete (a mediocre one) for years and for some reason it warped my mind on a lot of things which really makes me incapable of being rational at times. But anyways....I have honestly watched about 90% of Sox games this year. I count watching 5 innings as "watching the game" just so we can be clear....and I have come to 2 conclusions which might go hand in hand.

1. I miss the F*ing shit out of Manny.
When he was causing problems last year and they got rid of him I was honestly fine with it....but tell me you wouldn't welcome him back right now with open arms? He might just be that girl that I'll always have feelings for ya know? (Yes I'm talking about YOU Megan Fox). (Oh Yeah...you don't want THIS guy back!?!?!?)

2. The 2009 Red Sox are SwaggerLESSS. They have none man...zero. Paps is a clown, Youk is a doofus, Ortiz isn't the same, Bay doesn't speak, Lowell is an old friendly uncle, I haven't heard Nick Green or Gonzo speak words, V-Mart seems ill but it's too early to tell, Jacoby has as much power as I do (he is ill to watch I know). The 2 lone guys that have swagger are Beckett who literally might kill a child to win another WS, and Pedroia who thinks he is the best ever and I respect the shit out of him for that even though his brother diddles 15 year old dudes.

Trust me...I'm not saying you need swagger to win. Plenty of boring teams have won the WS, the Angels in 2002, and the recent Cardinals WS teams were both as boring as they come, but I for one am sick of it. I want dudes pimping HRs, doing ill handshakes every inning, dishing out crotch chops after called strike 3's, and I WANT IT NOW.

That is all. I don't even want to address the actual nature of the team right now or whether or not they'll make the playoffs....

-JPerk

No comments:

Post a Comment