Friday, August 28, 2009

The best call of all time???

Happy Friday everyone. I just got back from dropping off my brother SP the Ghost at Columbia (yeah he's a lot smarter than me, I know) and for that reason I really have no energy for a typical Friday rant.

But I have been listening to the new FM sports station 98.5 the HUB, specifically the Maz and Felger show (Tony Massarotti and Mike Felger) and I have heard the following call now about 15 times now....and honestly have got goosebumps all 15.

This will definitely get you geared up for tonights game, even if it is Pre-Season. Fast forward to the 1:10 mark....the call lasts until about 1:35


If you don't get goosebumps your probably not a Pats fan but shit...I had to put it up here today. I've literally got goosebumps just by saying it outloud myself, and yes I realize that makes me a chooch. Easily the best sports call of my lifetime, no questions asked. If I get creative I might be back on here later, if not...have a good weekend.


-JPerk

9 comments:

  1. I must say this is one of the greatest calls in NFL history. The Patriots were underdogs in this game which made the moment all that more special and fulfilling. Having said that, I will 100% disagree that this is the greatest sports call of your lifetime. I will assume that we are the same age (mid 20s) and are die hard Boston fans so we can both attest to great sports calls. I don't understand how you think this is better than Joe Castiglone's call in the 04 world series. Maybe we just look at things differently but nothing is better than that.

    "Dave"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we certainly look at things differently because while I am without a doubt a bigger Sox fan than Patriots fan....the 1 game nature of the Super Bowl coupled with the fact that they were such heavy underdogs made the whole moment that much more intense.

    PLEASE do not get me wrong, because I am not talking about the importance in my life, or history, or even the franchise....I'm not saying this Super Bowl meant more to me than the Sox World Series. I still just think this call overall gave me more goosebumps than Castiglone's....I mean if the WS was game 7 in a tight situation, then certainly it would change my mind. However game 4 of the World Series where the game is already in hand produced entirely different emotions from me. I was honestly just shaking waiting for it to be real, where as the Patriots I was literally almost unconcious from stress and jumping in mid air while the ball was in the air. Just overall two seperate, but awesome emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also thanks for your comments, we've been begging for people to leave something meaninful for us to reply to / write about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya I was right. Tthinking that we had different feelings. On another note, would you agree that this pats offense is better than 07? I smell another entry on your end.

    "Dave"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally had that conversation with someone today...it certainly deserves a blog post at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mean the WRs are ridiculous. If Moss' performance on Friday is any indication of the kind of offense the patriots have, then I would be scared of the other three guys that are Billy's disposal. It's going to be a good season for sure.

    "Dave"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 07 offense was a perfect storm. Moss is older and Brady is coming off injury. Im sure they hang some sick numbers on teams but we wont see 07 caliber again for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you say that their backfield is better (and older I know) that Welker has arguably even come along and is a better reciever and that Galloway is a better 3rd reciever than Stallworth???? I think that argument can certainly be made....

    ReplyDelete