Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Polls


We got two polls going over to the left. Haven't done them in awhile because the votes dropped from like 40-50 to like 15. Coool. With like a few hundred peeps checking this every day, figured we'd get a little more.


Maybe people don't see them or care for them, but I figured we could do a lil post to bring it to your attention. You can vote on the two questions, one about Kanye, one about the Pats and if you want to chip in your 2 cents, leave a comment below. Because of the general apathy of people our age, I'm not too sure if anyone will. But, what the F, right?


I've posted enough about Kanye, but here are my thoughts about the Pats last night:

The O is better than that. The offense sputtered along for the first three quarters. Part of it was Brady, he looked a little out of sorts at times, throwing off his back foot, as they pointed out 45 times in the booth. Another part was the rustiness of Wes Welker -- couple drops and miscommunications with Brady, you never see that really. You could tell he hadn't practiced much. The offense showed it's muscle in the last 5 minutes though, when it drove down the field for the first score and took care of business with the second one.

-Matt Light saacckkks. The biggest anomaly to me. I used to think it was because I didn't know enough about trench football, but now I think he was a great product of a good offense. How was this guy an ALL-PRO?? That means he was the best LT in the game. Get out of here. "Oh, he's good, but he struggles against speed rushers." Oh you mean he sucks against all the good ones?? Guy was a turnstile last night, Schobel just ran around him every time. And that's what you do with Matt Light, just run around him. I was surprised the Pats' extended Nick Kazur, with Sebastian Vollmer around, but with the reps Vollmer got for Light last night, I'm thinking they'll switch Vollmer to LT, keep Kazur at RT and let Light walk when his deals up.

-I think Brandon Merriweather is poised for a big year. I know, not exactly a stunning prediction, but he made the biggest play of the night and another year in the system will go a long way for this guy. He has all the tools, it's just the mental aspect now: being in the right spot, not taking stupid penalties, etc. And I know Jake hates him, so it makes it all the better. Bahahaha.

-The running game didn't impress me. Fred Taylor scored, but he looked his age most of the game. Maroney drives me mental at this point. I actually like him catching passes out of the backfield because he already has his feet going, but he just doesn't hit the hole aggressively enough. I like the 3rd-down offense with Faulk as the lone RB and 4 WRs spread is the most effective offense we have. Just toss screens to Faulk and Wes when you need to "run" it.

-The D might be risky. Trent Edwards looked pretty good last night. And in my mind, that's never a good sign. Buffalo cut their 2nd string RB, peaced their coordinator and had a pretty makeshift, young line and they were able to move the ball pretty effectively at points. Just the first game with a bunch of young guys who will take a couple games to get in a groove? Or will we miss Seymour (2 sacks against SD) and Vrabel (7 tackles Sunday)?


---Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment