Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Do you know how you know you made it?

When your name comes up in spell check.

I was thinking about this the other day when I threw together that piece on Sorority Row and Shutter Island. I spelt Scorsese like Scorecese and it was picked up in a spell check. THAT's how you know you made it. When your uncommon name (this isn't Williasm getting fixed here) is recognized by the automated spelling fixer.

Pretty impressive, no?

---
Did anyone watch the Miami-FSU game last night? Wowie. Whatta game. Lecroy Harris looked awesome in his first game. Can't believe that skinny thing was doing work on FSU. I would like nothing more than for Miami to be back and relevant again. Since we grew up with them being dominant, it's just weird when they're not. Good back and forth game though.

For some reason it reminded me of this game back in 2002:



Damn, how ill did McGahee used to be before he crunked his knee in his last college game??

---
Should I add Madden to my Thursday Throwback soon?? Nah, def not, but I still haven't got the game yet. Used to snag that thing at like midnight because I loved it. I dunno, I just don't play much video games anymore. Kind of sad. I'm sure if I lived with a male my age that I would get right back into it, though. It's just that solo vid games aren't that fun.

The other thing is that Madden takes pains to become more realistic every year. I hate that. I don't want the game slower or harder or better on defense. I want to be chucking hail marys to Moss and scrambling with McNabb and shit. I think my favorite Madden was the 2004 one with Vick on the cover. Used to hang 60 on dudes on the reg.

I'm not the only one with Madden beef though:



----

Aight that's it for me for now. Had to get some stuff up here because, well, someone needs to do work. As one of the fans said in a recent IM "I decided tonight was the night for me to check your blog. The first three posts were all by you. I love you." Thanks, loyal fan. I hope you appreciate the nameless shoutout.

I'm heading out later tonight, to peep these guys against the Diamondbacks:



Nah, I don't even miss this guy...too fire?



--Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment