Saturday, December 20, 2008

Featuring Lil Wayne....



Alright everyone I'm back on here, even though I know there might be 2 people that have even read this thing, I'm going to keep it going any ways. First of all I gotta tell you that the thought behind this post came from XXL online...which just recently had an article about the top 10 hip-hop trends that need to go in 2009. (Here is the link to hiphopegame.com which is where I read the article...by the way I hope your impressed that I figured out how to put the link in there like that chyeaaaaaaaaa).

So moving on....on the list is something about getting rid of the hit formula that is featuring Lil Wayne, T-pain, or Akon. For all of you that follow the mixtape hip-hop y'all know that you have seen featuring Lil Wayne with everyone from Jay-Z to the homeless dude on the corner. The dude jumps on a track with everyone, which I guess can be a good thing, but damnnnn he flooded hip-hop with it. I've always been a fan of Wayne, when he puts out his best work, he is one of the best if not the best in the game....BUT the way he puts out music lately has me questioning him. I know dude wants to stay busy, and is always making music and I respect that, but it needs to be GOOD music. All summer I suffered through Carter III withdrawals as Wayne is putting out shit that I don't even get...and maybe I wasn't supposed to get but I thought he fell off. Since then he has definitely come back with some fire, but why not take a look at the top. Think about what a Jay-Z track does to you...first of all if its a good month Jay is on one MAYBE two tracks, and there both fire. I look forward to seeing Jay-z pop up on a mixtape.....shit I see Wayne on every mixtape of every DJ, the shit just doesn't mean as much anymore. As I said Wayne has been killing it lately, I hope he stays on this hot streak and stops putting out meaningless shit just to get something on record.

Alright...now that I got that out of the way I gotta be a hypocrite and post this Wayne song Hot Revolver because it's crazy. Enjoy. And if your reading this and like it...tell someone else about it shit. I still don't have a comment or n e thing. Eventually I will ramble about something other than music too, I'm versatile babbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. ONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment